Ketsa - What's Without's Within
Release date: 30 August 2010
Total running time: 57:53
Ketsa returns to BFW with yet another outstanding album.
Nearly an hour of beautiful and intricately delicate songs filled with samples, beats and live instruments and percussion.
Seriously, you have to listen!
- Parallel parable (coming change)
- Stony place (middle eye blink)
- Last one out (what's without's within)
- Soldiertype (militarised)
- Pariah (7 seal alignment)
- DNA (internal alchemy)
- Recollection (time distant echo)
- Cant connect (stop and wonder)
- Finished (loved ones will be lost ones)
- Cymatics (universal frequency)
- Elect (1111)
- Qi, Ki and Chi (indigenous peoples)
- Broken (is everyone here)
- Deliverance (the child returns)
is one quarter of Soapsud City, west London's latest electronica label. His first label was Hydrophonic recordings, a well received banging techno label back in 2003. Then he was known as Shaolin. After four releases on his own imprint and three on Primate Recordings, Shaolin grew disillusioned by the scene and went back to the studio.
He returns as Ketsa, bringing originality and emotion back into electronica and downtempo music - layered ambiences blend with clattering beats, live instruments and percussion.
Having completed three albums already, Thoughts, End Daze, and the Remixes and Reedits sessions, Ketsa has also appeared on Stuttgart based Mutan Records.
Subscribe to the BFW Newsletter
BFW recordings is an independent netlabel. Here you can download and listen to the best new ambient, indie, shoegaze, post rock, experimental and electronic music releases from around the world, all for free!
This music is for everyone! Please feel free to share this music on your blog or website or with your friends.